Monday, December 01, 2014

20 November: Curry from CoCo

Level B3 of Somerset 313 actually has some pretty good food. Other than Pie Face which I regretfully did not get to eat enough to blog about, I stumbled upon this place: CoCo Ichibanya. It is a Japanese curry house apparently reputed to be the number 1 Japanese curry house in the world with over 30 years of experience in the field of Japanese food.

Table for two. Ordered the gyoza curry rice for me and the salmon curry rice for my friend. What I found interesting about the menu was that other than the wide range to choose from you can actually cutomize the level of spicyness of the curry and also the amount of rice on your plate! If you're wondering, we chose the level 1 (normal) spicyness. It did not take long before we got our food which is great since we were both really starving. The curry was sooo good. I hate diluted tasing curry but this was thick and rich with flavour. But just a precaution to those who cant really handle spice, I recommend you opt for level 0 because my friend found level 0 a tad too spicy. For me it was hot but that's what made it good. It was hot enough but not too hot to numb your tongue. I liked the gyoza better than the salmon because I do love my gyozas, however the salmon was also a delight as it was bigger than I had expected. 
Gyoza Curry Rice
Salmon Curry Rice

A great deal for your money i believe we only spent about $28-$30 total when it came to the bill (inclusive of service charge and GST). If you're a fan of curry rice like I am you really have to try this out!

CoCo Ichibanya
313 Orchard Road
#B3-25/27 313 SomersetSomerset, Orchard
Operating hours
Mon - Fri: 10am - 10pm
Sat - Sun & PH: 10am - 11pm


Live. Laugh. Love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment